Friday 7 November 2014


First week in Perth 07/11/14 

I can't belive that I'm at the end of my first week in Australia. I've had an amazing first week , I've met up with Head of Police Sex Crimes division  for Western Australia, the Director of Public Prosicutions ( Amanda Burrows) for Western Australia and I've been to visit Nat Hall the CEO of a wonderful voluntary sector agency in Armadail called the George Jones Centre, I was very jelous of their building. 

My main impressions have been just how friendly and helpful the Australians are the Head of Sex Crimes  Sue Young has let me stay in her house and use her car whilst she's away..... Unbelievable. 

I have found it quite challenging, finding my way around and managing to turn up at meeting in random places at the right time . I seem to have cracked the bus system  but next week I will have to use Sue's car as I've arranged meeting out of town. From what I've seen so far there doesn't seem to be much structure to the driving , it appears that you can drive in any lane at whatever speed you like! 

As far as the research goes, I haven't had any light bulb moments  yet, but let's see what next week brings. 

I'm off to Cottesloe beach and Fremantle at the weekend 

No comments:

Post a Comment